Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

I hate the French.

Or at least, the Parisian airport.

I have about a million things I should be doing right now (cleaning, working on an essay due midnight, studying for an academic competition), but instead, I feel like I should publish this somewhere. A sticky-cheese truth I've known since I last flew to England.

Charles De Gaulle International is rotten. Rotten, rotten rotten.

Do you want to know why?

When I left for England, they departed 45 minutes late and made me miss my connection, stranding me in Paris for a few hours. Not a big deal, but terrifying for me, seeing as I had never travelled on my own before that.

Not good enough for you?

Okay. Allow me to elaborate what has happened today.

Danny (boyfriend) is flying from the UK to here. Made his flight into Paris on time. But you know what? KLM had a form that he needed to fill out.

One that he didn't know about.

He's had the tickets booked for a month. No news about this form at all.

So he had to stay in Paris a little longer to fill out the forms, besides the fact that his plane arrived late.

He missed his plane, long story short.

And CDG tried to charge him 2000 pounds for a new ticket.

Well, he and his father got this sorted. Thankfully.

But he's staying at the airport and will be leaving for here in the morning, missing a day of our trip.

So yeah. Sort of pissed.

Thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment